The art and oil paintings of Cape Town artist
Marietjie du Toit - South Africa
MS du Toit was born with a God-given artistic talent and has been painting in oils since the age of eleven. She has received no formal training but is a self-taught artist through the study of many books and artists' work whom she admires. Through trial and error she has developed her own unique style. Although she also uses other mediums, she loves to work with oil because of the texture, the feel and the smell of it! She most often paints wet on wet, doing the first coats with brush and finishing off with the palette knife. Her personal philosophy is to use her art to open people's minds to the beauty around them.
She is also a very keen photographer and have made it possible for you to buy prints online of her paintings as well as photographs. To page through the images just go to Marietjie du Toit Fine Art and make your choice.
A few years ago she has joined an oil painting class, which is
very inspiring and a lot of fun. You can read more about her
journey as an artist on her blog Painted Canvas Blog
south african artist art
Exhibitions and Achievements
- Oct 2011 - Creative Arts & Friends of the Durbanville Library Annual Art Exhibition.
- Oct 2012 - Kaleidoscope of colour art exhibition 1
- 2012 - Finalist for The SA Artist magazine cover competition
- Aug 2013 - Elephant painting auctioned at the International Elephant and Rhino conservation and research symposium - Bought by the Columbus Zoo Hospital
- Oct 2013 - Kaleidoscope of colour art exhibition 2
- 2014 -Exhibition at 22 on Oxford Arts Café and Bistro, Durbanville
- June 2015 - Group exhibition at The Tank Gallery, Stellenbosch Hills
- July 2015 - Group exhibition at ArtB Gallery, Bellville
- Oval Art Gallery, Durbanville
- The Peppertree Art Gallery, Philidelphia
- Her work hangs in private collections, in South Africa, Sweden and the USA
"Tog wens ek soms ek was, iets meer as
sommernet, iets soos die skilderkwas, iets meer as die
I am eternally thankful to God for giving
me the talent and to my parents, family and friends for
supporting me through the years.
Thank you for your loyal support and inspiration.
I dedicate this